Go Girl Energy + An Exciting Announcement!

Me and energy drinks have a rocky past. I remember when I first tried red bull back in like 10th grade - I took one sip and I was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I thought it tasted terrible! And I mean, it still does taste terrible, I guess I've just kind of gotten used to dealing with it. I've tried the monster and all the other crazy brands and although I've found a few that don't taste like total crap - I feel like they all kick me into overdrive & I wind up feeling like I'm seconds from stepping onto stage at Radio City Music Hall naked all day long. Can't deal with that.

So when "Go Girl" sent me a big ol' box in the mail full of their energy drinks designed especially for women - I was really excited to give them a go. And even better - they support breast cancer awareness, as well as ovarian cancer research. Really an awesome company to support. Here are their 3 amazing flavors and a little review on each of them:



Go Girl: The original go girl is a sugar free energy drink that has a light carbonated, almost strawberry-ish taste and doesn't feel heavy and syrupy like most energy drinks do. It has less than 5 calories, 1 gram of carbs, and it contains a mild apetetite supressant that's all natural (no weird chemicals here). It absolutely gave me a little boost, but I didn't get that overwhelming, heart racing jolt that most other "energy" drinks promise. I also love that it doesn't have that weird after taste that alot of the competitors do. It's actually very refreshing and would even be great for after a workout.

Go Girl Glo: First off, the flavor combo here is unbeatable: starfruit and pomegranate - it is SO light and delish. The nice thing about this one is that it has slightly less caffeine than the original Go Girl, but more than your typical can of pop - so it's great for a mid day boost when you don't want to be bouncing off the walls at 9pm when you're trying to wind down. Never once did I feel jittery. 35 Calories, plus it's got herbal elements that are good for your heart, body, mind, and even your skin! Who said energy drinks couldn't make you beautiful, eh?

Go Girl Bliss: This awesome peach tea flavored drink isn't carbonated, but still provides you with a little kick of energy like the carbonated ones above. This is a great choice for those of you who prefer an all natural route to energy since the "caffeine" element comes from special tea leaves. The caffeine (since it comes from a plant) gets distributed evenly throughout your body and gives what the website calls a "blissful feeling".. Doesn't that just sound awesome? It's sweetened with agave and once again only 35 calories. Great for those of you who are looking for a non-carbonated option.

Go Girl is available online and there's also a product locator tool to see if it's sold in any stores near you. There is a $10 sampler pack of all three I mentioned above if you wanna give all of them a little try. I hope that you guys will give them a go & if you do - let me know what you think!



And aside from that - ol' kellster over here has a new job! Just found out this morning & I couldn't be happier. I'll be leaving my desk job and going back to doing what I love - working with kids! I have a job as a full time nanny starting August 2nd & I'm very excited :) Thanks to all of you who sent me good vibes on twitter - you really came through in the clutch for me! xo Love you guys.


Photobucket