Disco On My Browbone.. YOU'RE INVITED!

Now I'm all about experimenting with your makeup looks every now and then. If you wanna try a new color, do something different with the eyeliner, etc... I'm all about that. I love playing around with different looks and it's always nice when you discover something new actually looks really fantastic on you. But as me and my friend Julia sat at Primanti Brothers last night watching the pens game - she brought up a subject that we both agreed we hated and we both agreed is plauging facebook pictures left and right.

This brings me to my main point: there is a fine FINE line between putting a highlight color on your brow bone and transforming yourself into something along the lines of, oh, say.... this:



or maybe even ...


I'm pretty sure even Snooki would be ashamed.


Thankfully, I do not know these gems in real life (you can thank Google Images), but I see their loyal followers every freakin' day. Repeat after me ladies: metallic silver does not belong on the brow bone. A shimmery SUBTLE silver color used simply as a highlight up there that you can hardly see because it's a freaking HIGHLIGHT? Yes, this is ok. Take this for example, it's a silver highlight without looking like she let her 5 year old sister do her makeup in the dark:

IT'S SUBTLE! Do you see that ladies? The lovely Jen from frmheadtotoe.com still has a highlight going on, but it's not giving me the - "there's a disco on my browbone .. grab your platform shoes and HUSTLE ON OVER." It compliments her look - doing exactly what it's supposed to. APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE!

Sometimes even the more opaque white-ish colors up there don't look nearly as bad.. but when you're going for full on WHITE or full on SILVER - sorry, bby - but you're not looking cute. I'm not even positive about the look that platinum brow bones is attempting to create. Like, are you thinking "okay, I will totally look like a mature club-goer if I wear this to a party. Guys will look at me and say - yeah look at her hot sexy metal brow bones. Break me off a piece of that." In reality, those girls in the corner are calling you "bozo" and that kid you thought you were seducing just told his friends that your shiny new brow bones were blinding him everytime the light hit them the wrong way. There's nothing cute about this look. Nothing. Im all about a dramatic smokey eye on the lid, but keep the party down there. There's no need to add a second floor. And what kills me is that 90% of the girls that do this don't even bother with another color. They use the same BRIGHT ASS SILVER color on the lid, in the crease, and then they just take it ALL the way up to the eyebrow. WHAT IS THAT?!?!? It's not quite as bad when there's at least a darker color in the crease or something to break up the madness - but it's still not okay. The entire point of highlighting your brow bone is to brighten your EYES and give your look some depth. When you throw all the action up there, you do the total and complete opposite. You fail. Don't pass go, don't collect $200, just go home and wash your face.

I know you ladies know what I'm talking about, too. So share with me what you think of this look that needs to be banished to the underworld. Cheers to knowing how to correctly highlight your browbone & not taking part in this horrid, terrible trend. It doesn't make you look older. It doesn't make you look hotter. It just makes you look like you don't know how to do your flippin makeup.


Photobucket