Hourglass Cosmetics Quick Review

I've really been lucky with getting products to review that seriously are amazing. I'm always worried I'll get something and I'll absolutely hate it and then I won't know what to say. Luckily, that hasn't happened too many times. I love letting you guys know about companies you may have never heard of & it's even better when their products work miracles.

Hourglass Cosmetics is a really innovative company that has a line of amazing luxury-style products. They have really unique packaging and I think their approach to make-up is kind of a .. sophisticated Kat Von D type of deal. They've got everything from self-tanning primer to waterproof bronzer (which is such a good idea). So like I said - innovative! I had the opportunity to try out 2 different hourglass products and I love both of them:

Just when I think I've found a great primer, this comes along. It comes out looking and feeling exactly like a lightweight moisturizer, but I have never experienced anything that makes your skin as matte as this one. And being the matte freak that I am, I was overjoyed. "Veil" is a great name for it since it's really lightweight and feels like you're wearing nothing. When I lay low on the foundation in the summertime, I am totally going to wear just this for a nice matte look. It has an SPF15 & it definitely does it's job with making my makeup last. It's a little pricey at $52 - but it's a fantastic primer and I would definitely reccomend it if you've struggled with finding a primer that actually works for you.
These are seriously SO freaking cool to me. They're lipglosses, but look how super thin they are! I know how ANGRY I get when I have a lipgloss in my pocket and it's bulging out looking all weird and tampon-like. This is ideal to slip into a jeans pocket, that little pocket in your purse that fits NOTHING else and you're confused why it's there, your freaking BRA, your boot.. WHATEVER! It's adorable! You pop the lid off and the front part that shows the color is actually squishy so you just squeeze it out of the tip to apply it. Very unique. The colors are long lasting & not sticky either. I like that since they're so dark, they go on with definite color - but they're on the sheerer side (they are a gloss, afterall). Not an overwhelming look for those with a light skintone like moi. They're called "Prodigy" and they're available for $26 each. They're good conversation pieces :) Pull that sucker out and everyone's gonna be all "OMG"!



Hourglass is such a unique and cool brand and I really hope that you guys check them out. Their full line is available on their website & you can sign up for their newsletter there, as well. Look for them in Sephora or Barney's (if there's one in your area). Lemme know whatcha think. Love you all xo


Photobucket