Viva New York,Suckas!

So I'm finally back from my nice long weekend in the city that never sleeps & I already want to go back! Like I said, last time I was there was in 7th grade (for band, mind you. I played the saxophone and yes, I was awesome) so I didn't really get to do a lot. We did all kinds of sweet, touristy things & although I didn't get to spend an entire day haggling in Chinatown, I did manage to get an awesome Hello Kitty necklace down from $18 to $8, an amazingly cute crown ring for $10, and a couple of leopard print scarves for $3 each. Successful. Anyways ..


We took a carriage ride through central park with a very angry carriage driver who got in a fight with a cab driver at a red light. I think it was his way of saying: "Welcome to NYC, Kell".. Welcome, indeed..


We took a ton of pics with cute NYC landmarky things. Clearly, JP over there was a little hesitant to climb his ass to the top after boyfriend announced that it was much harder than it looked. Still a cute picture :)


My main goal was to see Strawberry fields in Central Park which was really amazing & gave me and Moll goosebumps. There was a guy there playing "Imagine" on an acoustic guitar which made it even better. For those who don't know - S.F. is a memorial for John Lennon who was shot pretty nearby to where this is located. Def worth checking out.


For those of you familiar with SNL & Andy Samberg's amazingly hilarious digital shorts - they say a line in "Lazy Sunday" that goes "let's hit up magnolia and mack on some cupcakes." Well I just about FAINTED when I saw this. Hit it up we did, and macked we most certainly did. They were AMAZING.


Our buddy Matt was supposed to come along on this trip, but unfortunately the Navy doesn't give much sympathy when you say you wanna go on vacation with your friends when they have other plans for you. So we did this for him as a nice little reminder that we wished he could come with us :)


And of course.. me and boyfriend had to hit up the top of the empire state building. AMAZING.





But through all of these amazing experiences, there was one thing that took my breath away when I saw it. I gasped, I stepped back in awe. My jaw dropped open..


A MAC STORE. NOT A COUNTER. A STORE.
WITH A GIANT GAGA PLASTERED OVER TOP OF IT.
AM I DREAMING????????????


...let's just say it's my favorite souvenier [ xo ]



Photobucket