So Gimmick-y .. It Hurts.


I was watching the Golden Globes the other night & couldn't help but be amazed by the number of makeup commercials that were airing during breaks. We're talking at least 2 of them every single time. Typically it's just Ellen or Beyonce telling me how they're worth it & whatever & that's fine. But I happened to hear the words roller foundation come chiming through my television & I glared up from my computer screen in disbelief.

Now I, myself, have not tried this cutting edge paint roller technology but the first words that came out of my mouth were "well if that's not a gimmick then I do not know what is". They claim that this miniature roller thing "seamlessly applies the perfect amount of makeup for smooth, even coverage and the ultimate airbrushed finish. And the flexible applicator bends with all the hard-to-reach curves of your face."

And just to clarify, I buy absolutely none of that.

You know what else bends with all the hard-to-reach curves of your face? A sponge. And brushes. And your FREAKING FINGERS. And that's fantastic that the spongy part of the roller bends and flexes like a freakin' leotard but my guess is that the silver part doesn't. So when you're trying to get your foundation in those hard to reach places like around your nose or even around your eyes... guess what is going to be stabbing you in the face?

Exactly.

So you know,
Nice try, L'Oreal. You might be able to convince the 14 year olds out there that this is going to make them look like a Victoria's Secret Model - but I'm wise to your act. Let people stick to putting their foundation on the normal way, not someone who paints houses for a living. And if you have tried this, feel free to prove me wrong - but going by the reviews I've read....

Kell - 1
Paint Roller - 0





p.s. I "FormSpring" now.. There's a box over in the side bar so if you ever have any questions about the blog, makeup, me, the Backstreet Boys, etc... just put them there :) Keeps me busy during the work day!