Hair Products That ACTUALLY DO WHAT THEY SAY!?!

I've been at battle for what seems like forever trying to find a good shampoo that actually does what it says it's supposed to do on the bottle & a smoothing cream that doesn't make it look like I've just applied a combonation of baby oil and crisco to my hair. I know, who doesn't want that look? But I guess I'm just weird.

Anyways, happy to report that I've not only found one of these products.. but BOTH OF THEM.



That, my friends, is the happy dance.


The first product is the shampoo & thanks to Aussie - we have a winner. Thank you, you sweet Australians, for the "Cleanse & Mend" shampoo. The great thing about it is that it is an intense cleaning shampoo but unlike products like Degunkify by Herbal Essences - you can totally use it everyday which is fantastic for me since I use hairspray a lot. It won't strip your hair dry or anything if you use it regularly. Another thing that's great about it? Holy crap.. IT ACTUALLY MENDS! I don't know how many "repair" shampoos I've tried that have done jack freakin' SQUAT. This one has made my hair look healthier and feel softer. It's wonderful. The picture here shows it in the regular sized bottle, but I got a big one that has a salon style pump for $5 at Target.


Smooch.


Secondly, a smoothing cream that doesn't suck. I have tried NUMEROUS brands trying to find something that I would be willing to use more than once. I just hate how I'd use something, and then when I'd be done - it would totally defeat the purpose of showering because my hair looked like shit. I was kind of okay with Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum, but even that left the hair feeling a bit greased up. Well EUREKA, this stuff is wonderful & thanks to Tresemme - totally affordable, too. I squeeze out like a quarter sized amount and apply it to the ends of my hair before I blowdry it (so my hair is a little bit damp). It's AMAZING how few fly-aways I get now, and I found that it helps to cut down on static, too... which has made me so much less suicidal this winter. I got this at Walgreens for like $3 so seriously.. it's a steal.



..and a smooch to you, too.