You're Still the One..


They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

No folks, contrary to what you may be thinking - this post isn't about boyfriend. While our 2 year anniversary is in just a little under one month & I love him to death, the Shania Twain lyrics are actually regarding eye primer.

Yeah. Eye primer.

Even though I have a couple "swear by" products, I'm never satisfied and always looking to try (and buying) new products. Over the past few months or so I have gone through quite a few eye primers and although I get super excited about them when I first crack the seal - I'm never left smiling for long.

Hard Candy's eye primer came as a free sample with a little shadow palette I got and it was in a squeeze tube as opposed to a tube with a wand - so that was intriguing. After I used it for 2 days in a row and came home from work looking like I just left the bar in Crease City, I was no longer intrigued. Same thing goes for E.L.F.'s mineral shadow primer. That one just sucks all around, sorry E.L.F... Shadows both fade and crease which completely defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. Their eye primer stick doesn't suck as bad - but it's kind of tough to put on since it's in like ... fat crayon form. I feel like I'm making my eyelids saggy just because of how hard I have to tug at my lid to make sure it's all rubbed in.

But through all my trials and tribulations, one little purple and silver tube was staring at me from my makeup stand. If I looked hard enough, I could kind of see it giving me that "I told you so.." look. How could I have ever strayed?




It's times like these that I turn to the ol' saying "if it aint broke don't fix it, you fickle little idiot". Us makeup ladies are constantly trying and buying but maybe I need to go all lash blast on my primer situation & refuse to buy any other product. I've never gotten bad results with primer potion & let's face it - the packaging is pretty kick ass. So congratulations, Primer Potion. You just got inducted into the Unnecessary Drama "You're Still The One" Hall of Fame. Snuggle up with Lash Blast & have a beer.