Target... I Have Something to Tell You...

I am a loyal, loyal Target shopper. In fact, my boyfriend was once almost frightened by the fact that I turned down a trip to Target. Typically I shop there as opposed to the Wal-Mart that's literally 2 minutes away (unless I feel a little Miley flowing through my veins) because I find Target's stuff cuter, more "trendy", and they have a kickass dollar section. My best friend also works there so I enjoy distracting her while she's trying to fold clothes.

Anyways, I'm sorry Target but Wal-Mart's addition of Hard Candy to their arsenal might just sway me to stop there a little more often than you. I know you have all those makeup brands that are a little crazy expensive for what you get (sorry but aside from Sonia Kashuk ... NONE of those collections have done anything for me), but I'm not impressed. I got a couple things from Hard Candy the other day and I might have a new fave brand emerging.

Not only is their packaging amazing (shelf appeal whore... HOLLA!), but their products are seriously my style. Their shadows are all wearable colors - you don't have anything too outrageous and they have a pretty big selection. Everything from face primer (which I willlll be trying) to giant tubes of colored mascara... I could seriously look at their stuff all day. Another thing that really impressed me about them is that you get a really good amount of product with everything you buy. You're not paying $6 and getting a tiny ass pan of shadow. I am far too familiar with that feeling except add the number 2 before the 6. Pissed.

I got these 3 things to start me off, but I know I'll end up buying everything they freaking make:


Baked Shadow in "Break Up" - $6


Glitter Cream Eyeshadow/Glitter Eyeliner - $5


Liquid Glitter Eyeliner in Licorice (Sparkling Black) - $6

The shadows are baked, so they're really light and both have an irridescent quality to them. They're going to make fantastic highlights and they also look great blended together. You get a really unique gold color that way. The cream glitter shadow was not at all like I thought, and that's a good thing. They typically tend to be gloopy, hard to apply, and sticky. This was just like any other cream shadow except super glittery. Trust me, I won't be wearing it to work or anything but it'll be pretty for christmas parties and such :o) The matching liner was a nice bonus, too. And finally this HOT glitter liner. Although it is a bit more translucent than I hoped, the glitter is GORGEOUS in it and I used it today overtop of my e.l.f. eye marker to give it a sparkly effect and wing the edges out more. Loved it. I'm going to pick it up in a few more colors because for $6 it's such a steal.

Have you guys tried Hard Candy yet?