Christmas Unnecessary Drama Style

Well, my pretties - the presents are wrapped, the pretty claus package is sent out, & it's finally the hallowed eve of Christmas. It's a damn good thing because I cannot look at all the presents in my room for one more freakin' day. I want to give those things to their recipients like you wouldn't believe. I figured I'd be a festive little fruitcake & do this cute Christmas survey I found through the Goog. Feel free to steal it. Actually .. you know what .. consider it my gift to you. A very virtual Christmas.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My aunt makes this pepperoni casserole thing every year that is so good. It has pepperoni & cheese & ritz crackers & a bunch of other magical ingredients. Now that I think about it, it's probably the strangest thing ever to eat on Christmas...

Favorite holiday memory as a child? Me & my mom used to go to the Nutcracker downtown every year and when I would wake up the next morning, there would be a new nutcracker ornament on the tree that the "Sugarplum Fairy" brought for me. They changed the format of the show in like 2005 & we both decided we hated it so we stopped going haha.. Fun while it lasted :o)

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Nobody ever really told me... I remember the year before I gave up all hope - I was writing my "note" to Santa to be left with the cookies & milk and thinking "this is so stupid, my dad is just going to read this". The next year I "forgot" to write a note & I think the 'rents got the hint. At least I didn't do what my 14 year old cousin did last year in attempts to get more presents: "THE KIDS AT SCHOOL SAID HE'S NOT REAL MOM, BUT I BELIEVE IN HIM, I BELIEVE! AND BECAUSE I BELIEVE I'LL GET THE BEST PRESENTS!" ... Nice try, Ev. Nice try.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I do with boyfriend & his family now since I don't get to see them on Christmas until late in the evening. With my family, though, we all wait until Christmas day. I was always soo jealous of the kids in school growing up that got to open them all on Christmas eve.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ha - me and my dad typically try and do it really fast before my mom gets home/has a chance to notice so she can't dictate where everything goes lol. But it's nothing too crazy, we have a victorian house so it tends to look more on the victorian side than the "traditional Christmas crazy" side. Lots of gold & maroon.

Snow: love it or hate it? I loved it when it cancelled school for me, but now... meh. It's pretty when it's just falling and not sticking, but when it starts causing car accidents and preventing me from walking out my door... Houston, we have a problem.

Can you ice skate? Yess! Me and boyfriend went skating a few weeks ago downtown & it was so fun :o) I just can't really stop lol..

Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember basically running around the house in celebration when I got my GAME GEAR back in 2nd grade. It was one of those insanely huge handheld gaming systems that Sega made & I thought I was thheeee shiiitttt because I had one. I played the Lion King game for it pretty religiously.

What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Giving gifts. I love getting people presents & surprising them.. I think it's one of the best feelings ever. I typically get my shopping done pretty early because I get so excited to start looking around for stuff for friends & fam. Last year (since boyfriend's birthday in on Christmas) - I got him 25 presents. It was serious.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? My aunt (once again) makes these little bite-size cheesecakes that I could eat 15,000 of. One year she made an entire tray just for me... Come to think of it - maybe that was the best gift I ever received... :o)

What is your favorite holiday tradition? My family really doesn't have very many traditions at all.. We used to when I was younger but now that everyone is growing up, it's turned into more of a "go with the flow" type deal. One of my favorites used to be all the adults on my dad's side of the family would do a "Nasty Christmas" type game where you chose a present & then the next person could either take yours or pick a new one. The problem was that some of my uncles would buy things like 50 rolls of toilet paper, so some of them would end up with gag gifts. Pretty funny, though.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Well that sounds dirty. Giving.

What tops your tree? Like I said, it's pretty "Victorian Style" so we've got an angel up there. Chillin'.

What is your favorite Christmas song? I was in an accapella group in highschool called "Girls Ensemble" and we always did all kinds of stuff around Christmas time .. sang in malls, on the radio, in restaurants, etc... I would say that my favorite (because of that) is Carol of the Bells. I have a video of us singing at our concert one year & it still gives me chills. Definitely one of the things I miss the most about highschool.

Favorite Christmas movie? Everybody loves ELF, and so do I - But honestly, I just watched Christmas Vacation the other day and my god, I love those National Lampoon vacation movies SO MUCH. So I'll have to say that Christmas Vacation tops my list.



Well folks, I hope you all have a great Christmas & get everything that you hoped & wished for :) I'll be patiently waiting to leave work at 2:00 & being jittery until I get to give boyfriend his Christmas/Birthday presents tonight. Hope you all get a stocking full of lip gloss & I look forward to reading all of your haul posts on Saturday!