(Literal) Crap I Regret Buying

I was asked to do a post via e-mail from a very lovely lady named Rachael regarding shit that I regret buying. Although I often report on crap-tastic items as I discover them, there are a few I haven't mentioned. I guess I'll give you my top 5 items to steer clear of, and hopefully prevent you from angrily throwing them in the trash can after you try them for the first time.

First up - let me reiterate this:


Stay away from the eye burning witches. Their eyeliner SUCKS and it will burn the living shit out of your precious peepers. Oh your eyeshadow looks so pretty and you're ready for eyeliner? Put this crap on and kiss all your hard work goodbye cuz you'll be rubbing your eyes crying for your mother.



Second, staying on the trend of BURNING -

Yoooouuuu. I love e.l.f. - don't get me wrong, but these eye makeup remover pads & me are not on speaking terms. The first time I tried them I thought for sure that it was the mascara I used that had rubbed into my eyes that was causing the extreme pain, but after the 3rd eye sizzling experience, I will never open the little buggers again. Best part is is that I had so much faith in e.l.f. that I bought 3 packs of these :o) fantastic.



Third - on the topic of just plain sucking -

Now, this one I blame myself for because as soon as I deemed myself a moron for not being able to get the color to stick to my eyelid - I jumped online and started searching. Apparently NYX trios are suck-tastic. Their single shadows? Fine. I guess something about putting them in a lovely coordinating trio makes them mutate into crap. I thought I'd be able to create a lovely green smokey with this set but instead it will be smothered beneath all the other palettes gasping for air. And I don't feel bad.



Fourth -


Now don't get me wrong, lash stiletto didn't burn me or anything - but I just came into the situation with high hopes and got let down. The "staggering lengths" and "black patent leather shine" I was promised was all a huge laughable lie. Although it made my lashes darker - that was really about it. The brush is quite pathetic and the formula is nothing to brag about. You could probably grab a $2 wet and wild mascara and get better results. Stick with lashblast, my friends. Stick with lashblast.



Aaaand finally, numero 5 -


I know.. "omggg i totally love forever 21 and now theyr'e making makeup my life is COMPLETE!". Wrong. I hate this crap. I cannot stand lipgloss that feels like you've smeared grease all over your lips - and to top it off... it doesn't even smell that good. It has purse appeal in the sense that the packaging is cute and it has a little charm hanging off of it, but that's about all. Guess I can't complain too much based on the fact that it was like $2 but step your game up F21. For real.