Live from Louisville..

Hey Guys :o)

So it's been a hectic crazy weekend leading up to my first business trip ever and I'm thrilled to say that I made it safe and sound. Never flew by myself before, or transferred planes - so I was really nervous last night just thinking about everything. Not to mention that I wasn't feeling well... but I've been taking Tylenol cold so I think I'll be alright. I've felt fine all day today so let's hope it stays that way. I'm currently in my hotel room in Louisville and loving the king size bed :o) I packed pretty light (I would say so, at least) and I wanted to do a post on some of my essentials that I had to bring with me. Figured I'd be festive and make a post specific to my current situation.. haha.

So here's the pic of everything:


VS Pink "Hoodie" - $30 (it was on sale, I think it's $70 regularly @ VS)
Zoe 1" Flat Iron - $29.99 (Ulta)
Lash Blast Mascara - $7.00 (Drugstores)
AVON Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - $3.99 (www.avon.com)
"Fairest of Them All" Necklace - $50.00 (found it on amazon)
Brown Suede Slouch Boots - $30 (Charlotte Russe) 


Close up of the smaller stuff..


Closeup of the necklace :D

  • VS Pink "Hoodie"  - If you can get one of these hoodies, I really recommend it. This one isn't made out of sweatshirt material (hence why "hoodie" is in quotes), and that's the reason I like it so much. It's not lined with anything which makes it great to throw over a t-shirt, but at the same time it won't bulk up if you're wearing a long sleeved shirt. It's great to take in place of a lightweight coat and doesn't take up as much space.
  • Zoe 1" Flat Iron - I just got this and I really like it already. I don't understand the bad reviews on this because I think it does a great job and I don't feel like I'm frying my hair with it. I can bring this instead of packing a flat iron AND a curling iron because it does both and it comes with a travel pouch which is really convenient. (For those of you who asked about my WET2STRAIGHT flat iron - I don't hate it, but if you use it to dry your hair and straighten it - prepare yourself to steam burn your hand about 300 times. The iron part is wide and oddly shaped, so you can't use it for anything but straightening. It's nice but I never use it on wet hair which sort of defeats the purpose).
  • Lash Blast Mascara - I think I've said this about 400 times, but this is my HG mascara for sure. I actually bought a whole new tube just to keep in my purse, and that's the one I brought with me. It's worth it.
  • Avon Eye Makeup Remover Lotion - I've talked about this product before and I brought it with me because it does a really good job & it's gentle, so I don't feel bad using it every night. It's in a small bottle and I feel better about taking it on planes because I don't have to worry about the cap coming off and it spilling everywhere. If you travel a lot - I would definitely recommend getting this. Plus it's only $4. I threw it right into my makeup bag & I was good to go.
  • Fairest of Them All necklace - My wonderful boyfriend got me this for my birthday and I love it so much. I like to bring it with me because it reminds me of him (obviously) and it's a really pretty looking piece and matches a lot. The red is a good accent color, too. Since this is a business trip - I wanted to bring some nicer jewelery with me so this one was an obvious choice :o)
  • Brown Suede Slouch Boots - I am so obsessed with boots right now it's kind of disgusting but I recently got these and they go so great with so many outfits and are dressy without having a heel! They look good with skirts or skinny jeans - so I love bringing stuff that's versatile. The less shoes I can pack the better. They take up so much freakin' space in the bag! If you can - get to Charlotte Russe asap cuz I got these on the "if the shoe fits" table & they were 50% off so I only paid $15! Good, cheap investment piece :o) !!
So I think I'm going to relax and try and get some freelance work done while I have time off. I think I might be going out to dinner with the other people from my company who are here tonight, but who knows. I'm hoping for a nice, stress-free week! I'm already looking forward to getting home since I'll have some things waiting in the mail for me when I get back. Reviews & a little giveaway type deal for you guys. Should be fun :o) Enjoy your weeks, dolls!