"Occasionally represent the zoo as it's mascot"

Started my new job today. Even though it's only 2 hours a week every Wednesday, it's going to be work. I'm teaching dance to 10th graders through a Creative Arts Program at a Pittsburgh Charter School called "Propel". I've taught dance for a longgg time, but I've never had to grade the kids - so that's a whole new challenge. Thankfully, another girl is teaching with me -- so we can work off of one another. The only major issue I have here is that there are no mirrors. Even if you're not a dancer, you can imagine the difficulty in trying to instruct 12 tenth grade girls with your back to them, and having no idea what's going on behind you. The feeling is sort of similar to trying to navigate a maze blindfolded. You're doing the best you can - but there are absolutely no guarantees you're getting anywhere until you can take the damn blindfold off.

Tomorrow I have an interview at the zoo. It's a community relations position, so I would NOT be doing desk work which is FINE with me. It's kind of like, go to schools - pass out promotional items - talk to guests - etc etc. Upon further inspection I noticed a major major duty that I SOMEHOW overlooked when applying:

"Occasionally represent the zoo as it's mascot"

I know what you're thinking because I thought it to. I might be dressed like safari sam with the long, unflattering khaki shorts and one of those weird bucket hats that were popular in 1999 for some strange, strange reason. Well, Google - thanks for providing me and my dad with a good laugh when we discovered what this mascot actually is:

HOLY CRAP.

Keep in mind that I'm 5'2" and 105 pounds.
We'll see how the interview goes.

xoxo