Glamour Doll Eyes Review!

For anyone who makeup stalks on the internet, you've definitely heard of this brand I'm about to talk about. Glamour Doll Eyes is like the cult classic brand of beauty bloggers and youtube gurus. I'm proud to say that thanks to the lovely Vee - I am now a member of the cult. Never thought I'd say that, but as long as I'm not being convinced to drink poison kool-aid or anything, I think this is my kind of cult.

I had the opportunity to try 6 shadows of GDE shadows & WOW - I was so impressed with not only the quality of the shadows and how pigmented they were, but how much work Vee puts into these little buggers. Each one comes in an individually labeled pot and they say the color on the LID, which makes me so happy since I hate when companies put the color name on a sticker on the side of the pot that I rip to shreds whenever I open it :o) Here are the colors in the pots:


Fabulous is a really summery, light blue color that reminds me of the beach. It's one of the more frosted shadows out of this bunch. Immature is a greenish blue color that's combined with some light reflecting specks of silver. Such a unique and fun color. Brown eyed girl is my ABSOLUTE favorite! It's a gorgeous brown pigment that has sparkly purple flecks in it. Such a unique combination of color and it's so multi-dimensional. Dusk is a gorgeous dark blue with various sparkles in it (I see mostly light blue and silver), and it makes a great crease color. Violent is another of the more "frosted" shadows and it's a really subtle violet color. Great for highlights and putting in your inner corners since it's so sheer and pretty. Finally, Grease Lightning is an amazing dark, dirty gold color that is SUPER pigmented and reflects light CRAZILY - making it appear about a billion different shades of gold. Such an awesome color and unlike any other gold shadow I've seen before. I swatched so you guys could get a better idea of the descriptions:




Glamour Doll Eyes are only available online (click the link to go to the site) and are also available in sample size pots if you'd like to try before you commit to a full size. Either way - samples are like $1.50 and full size are onlt $6 - so seriously, these are some of the best "bang for your buck" products you'll find out there. These are great shadows to build your color collection and having pigments around is always a great idea since they're so multi-functional. I want to thank Vee BIG TIME for allowing me to try out these products and also curse her because now I'm addicted and will be purchasing every single color she makes :o)




My GDE Look Using Dusk & Grease Lightning

Photobucket