$1 Liquid Liner

Happy Monday pretty ladies :) I'm happy to be kickin off the week with a little product review since I haven't done one in a little while since I've been too busy giving stuff away to you guys ;) haha.. I do appologize for my lack of posts, though. We've been doing some cross training bullshit at work & it's gotten the best of me so I've been spending my evenings bitching, watching Lost, watching the Office, & sleeping.

But I swear I'm back to the grind now! Spring has sprung & everybody knows being a bitch when the weather is decent outside is against the rules. Totally uncalled for.

Anyways, E.L.F. and me are besties. They sent me over some liquid liners last week & I've had a chance to try them out and let you guys know what I think. I get a lot of questions about liquid liner & to be quite honest - I've never been the biggest fan of it. It's typically an issue with the brush being too flimsy or too thin & the great thing about E.L.F.'s is that the applicator is really unique. It's in the shape of a pointed brush, but it's not a brush, meaning the bristles won't spread on you. The applicator bends just enough to allow you to create a perfect winged out edge and it's not too thin that you have to go over it 6 times in order to get a decently sized line.

The black one worked FANTASTICALLY. The product itself isn't too thick or too thin and it's not like you're going to have to go over it a few times in order to make it look a solid color (had some issues with Hard Candy's liquid liner in that department). One coat and you're good to go. The product pot is a liiiittttlllee small, but seriously people - it costs $1. So buy 5 of them. Cheapskate.


Now I also got the silver one to try (it looks like it's chock full of sparkle on the website) & I wasn't quite as impressed. I had on a medium shade of gray on my lids with primer and I couldn't get it to show up, really :o\ mildly disappointing since it looked so sparkly and pretty on the website. It's pretty transparent, so if you want it to show up - you're going to have to apply a coat, let it dry, apply another coat, let it dry, etc... Definitely did not go on as easily as the black one did. What I did do with it was applied it OVER the black and it added a little bit of sparkle which was nice. Using it alone might be a little tricky. But for $1, it might be a nice addition to your collection for spicing up plain black eyeliner or using it along your lower lashline for some subtle bling. If you're going to pick one to try out, though - I'd go for the black.


One thing to always remember when using liquid liner is to let it dry! If you want to apply multiple coats, you're going to be wasting your time if you start going over a still-wet line with more product. You'll end up with a smudgy mess when it's all said and done. Patience is a virtue, my ladies. In life and in makeup.

If you'd like to try out some of E.L.F.'s liquid liner, you can purchase it here. As always, if you have any questions - holler at your girl. And I mean that in the least ghetto way possible.