R.I.P. Platinum Head

I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time now. I dyed my hair DARK once before & it turned this shiteous shade of auburn that washed me out to the point of almost being see-through. This time - I had a game plan. I would not choose ANYTHING with the word warm in it (for those of you who are unaware - hair dyes are available in cool aka ash, neutral, or warm.. anything warm probably has shades of golds and reds aka - your hair MIGHT turn a color you're not expecting). I am fully aware I could pay someone $100 to do this for me, but I did it myself and it cost $4 and I love it.. so I think I win.

Anyways - I've been blonde most my life & recently I've been platinum. This means a number of things & these numbers of things started bothering me:

1. My natural hair color, shockingly enough, is not platinum blonde. It's dirty blonde. Know what that means? I have to dye my roots A LOT. And all that BLEACHY hair dye? Yeah - my hair is screaming.
2. Thanks to all the bleachy hair dye, my ends started looking ratty & almost see-through. Not good, especially since I'm trying to grow my hair out & cutting an inch off feels like I've wasted 3 months of growing.
3. I know platinum blondes don't have platinum blonde eyebrows but like I said - my natural color is dirty blonde and my eyebrows are a smidge darker than that and for some reason they really were bothering me lately.
4. I hate how platinum starts looking brassy after awhile. I feel like unless you maintain it constantly - you're going to eventually get some weird shade of gold that looks so unnatural it hurts.

It was all building up, folks. I didn't want to go dark dark - just something closer to my natural shade, ya know?:



I'll probably lighten back up at some point - but I'm loving how healthy my hair is looking :) And to all you blondes out there, I'm still one of you at heart :P No worries.