2009 Favorites Become 2010 Must Haves

I am having a seriously hard time beliving that there are only 18 freakin' days left in 2009. What a year it's been, though. I have to say it's probably been one of my favorites. Not only has the blog really taken off over this past 12 months (thanks to you wonderful ladies), the Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup & the Steelers won the Superbowl. I still have hope for the Pens in 2010, as always, but as for the Steelers... yeah, sorry.

Anyways - I got a couple e-mails regarding some makeup must haves for 2010 so I figured what better than to make my 2009 favorites into essentials for 2010? Plus, since I am a considerate little Christmas Elf - you still have time to tell the last minute shoppers with you on their list that you'd like these pups for Christmas. So then they're not only awesome - they're also free :) You're welcome.  For those of you who read me, and read me often - not only are you going to Heaven, but you'll probably be able to consider this a nice little review session.


Get serious - you saw this one coming. Lash Blast Mascara by Cover Girl is the best mascara there is. For those of you who read me - you know I would not steer you in the wrong direction COUGHMARYKATEANDASHLEYCOUGH. Once you go blast, you never go back, baby.



Jesse's Girl Liquid Crystal lipgloss has become another staple of mine. I did a review for them back in like, October-ish, and they sent me these little devils. Fell in love. The thing I love about them is that they're not sticky, it's a subtle look - but it's still glossy, and since they're irridescent... they match everything. Win, win, aaaaand... win. www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com




Another one of my swear-bys is AVON's moisture effective eye makeup remover lotion. Honestly, I love rubbing the SHIT out of my eyes after I've been banned from touching them all day long, and this stuff lets you do exactly that. It doesn't smell like acid, its super gentle, and its never once burned my eyes. Plus I saw it on sale for $2 on avon's site last week.




My friend Natalie who sells mark. got me one of these & I am totally in love with it. It's called a 'flip for it color kit' and it has eyeshadows, a blush, 2 lipsticks, and 2 lipglosses. Best part is is that it flips - so it all fits in one totally coordinated and ready for your purse compact. If you're looking to try mark. out for the first time, this is the perfect way. Plus they release new palettes every season, so they're fun to collect :)



This is a new favorite of mine by HARD CANDY, which you can get at Wal-Mart. It's a glitter liner in black and it is so easy to apply, the glitter is totally perfect, and the packaging is so cute. It's great to trace over already lined eyes to give it a little bit of spunk, especially for a cute night look.



Ohh, E.L.F... How I've fallen in love with you this year! However, I do have one favorite of theirs and it's their waterproof eyeliner pen. I recommend this to everybody and always compare it to lining your eyes with a sharpie because it's the most easy to use liquid eyeliner I have ever used. Aside from that - it lasts ALL day. Perfect to pair with that glitter liner. Plus it's only $1.00, so lighten up - cheapskates.


 
Finally, Urban Decay's Sustainable palette totally gets worn by me in someway everyday. I think of all of UD's palettes, this one is the most WEARABLE - where you don't get as many off the wall shades as you do practical ones. It contains a couple super glittery shades, so if you like sparkle - it's up your alley. Plus the little sample of primer it comes with is fantastic for taking on trips, too :)

Well there we have it - those are my favorites of 2009 and must haves for 2010.  I'm sure the next year will be full of new products I love, and equally as many as I want to flush down the toilet. Let me know what your favorite products of the year were & maybe I'll add them to my wishlist. Have a great week ahead & I will be announcing winners for my giveaway tomorrow.. so stay tuned :o*