The Falsies.. And We're Not Talking Boobie Implants

I don't typically fall for mascara commercials. I don't know if it's the fact that they all promise the same thing, or the fact that you can tell all of the models are wearing fake eyelashes, but I'm usually not inclined to run out and buy a tube. But for some reason, the commercial for Maybelline's newest creation - "The Falsies" - intrigued me big time. Everytime we buy a new mascara, we want one thing - to look like we're wearing fake lashes without actually wearing fake lashes. The falsies promised this and shit - they even incorporated it into their name, so I figured they meant business..

Cut to two days later and I've got it in my posession:

I paid around $6 at CVS because they were having a sale - 
but I think it typically runs about $7.50 - $8ish


The brush to this mascara is pretty sweet. This picture doesn't really do it justice - but it curves so that it perfectly curls your lashes while you use it. It's also a lot longer than a typical mascara brush, so it gets every lash. It's not too skinny or too thick, and I didn't have any issues with clumping. It does a good job lifting and separating. Maybelline nailed it with this applicator.



So there's the results for you. My lashes aren't exactly teeny tiny to begin with - but I think "The Falsies" definitely gives you that curled, elongated look that so many of us hope our mascaras can pull off. Since the brush doesn't have super, rubbery bristles like lash blast & doesn't have the big, fluffy brush like badgal lash - I was pretty sketch when I pulled it out of the tube. But like I said, the fact that it's curved & long really helps. I put on about 3 coats here, but you can see that the results are preeeettyy dramatic. I really loved how it looked.





I even wore it to the gym and I didn't notice any flaking or smudging. It is waterproof - which is an absolute must have for me. The only real "dislike" I had was that the curved brush makes it a little bit hard to maneuver to get the bottom lash line, but that wasn't a huge downfall for me since I usually don't even put anything down there. I hate to say it - but I might like this formula a little bit better than lash blast.I've been a loyal lash blaster for what feels like ever, but it might have to step down from the throne. So if you're looking for that full, long, separated lash look - I'd definitely pop into the drug store and pick up a tube. Just don't announce to everyone before you leave that you're heading out to get "falsies".. you might get some weird looks.


Photobucket