Erin With The Christmas Win & December Birchbox!


My Roommate Erin is beautiful:

This is her enjoying the sweet smell of summer back in 2010


But really.. We have been best friends since 9th grade & now live together. We are somewhat of an odd pairing seeing as to how I am clearly very into makeup and hair stuff and all that jazz and erin prefers to keep things pretty simple. Cite this picture for evidence... I refer to it as "the odd couple":



So when Erin got me something for Christmas that involves makeup.. I about died. And ON TOP OF THAT - it was something I had never even heard of and it is really quite awesome. It's called Birchbox & each month you get a little box filled with some "deluxe size samples" of various beauty products. You fill out a little profile of your hair and skin type and what you're most interested in, so every member gets something unique to them each month. Really a cool idea & I get to try new stuff every month which is big for me.

So my first ~shipment~ came & I was like HOLY CRAP THIS PACKAGING IS CUTE. Unfortunately, I ripped it off & ruined it before I could take a pic, but it came in a little UPS box that was pink and had white snowflakes all over it. But once you open it, the box that the products come in is really cute, too:


When you open it up, it comes with a little card that lists all of the items (including their price if you want to buy them full size) & a short description of each:



This month, this is what I got:


1. Yogini Perfume - Not really my thing. It smells a little "old woman-y" to me, but the card says it has notes of sandalwood, egyptian myrrh, and grapefruit.

2. Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo - I have tried this stuff before & was really excited to get the small can because it's easy to take with me when I travel. It's $23 for the big can, but I've found that with my sort of "combination" hair type - this is one of the best dry shampoos out there.

3. Jouer Moisturizing Lipgloss in Birchbox Pink - Check this out - a special color just for Birchbox... FANCY!! And I really love this stuff. It's a really pretty hot pink color that goes on just sheer enough that it doesn't look too overpowering with one coat, but if you double up it's a nice little pop of color. 

4. I-Care Waterproof Eyeliner by Laura Geller in Caffe Mocha - I really really like this liner. It's a darker brown & doesn't have that reddish undertone that a lot of brown liners do. And I freaking hate that, so I was happy with this one. It also has the little smudge tool on the opposite end which is a big plus for me. Apparently (according to the card) it is ~laced with skin-soothers to nourish my eye area~.. So there's that, too.

5. Show Stoppers Designer Fashion Tape - Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they're double sided tape strips that ensure your tits don't pop out of low-cut shirts. The card puts its a bit more elegantly saying that they "ensure your party dress stays perfectly in place" but let's be honest....

6. ReCharge EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster Mix - I cannot wait to try this whenever I go back to work tomorrow after Christmas break. Deep down I'm hoping I don't like it because its almost $30 for 20 packets, but it's a drink mix that you put into water that gives you a natural energy boost. I'll report back with my results, but I'm pumped to give it a whirl.

If you're interested in trying Birchbox, you can click here to check out their website. If you're shopping for a beauty lover, there isn't a more unique gift out there. Once my membership is up - I'm considering renewing just to keep a fresh arsenal of stuff to review on deck especially since they are partnered with awesome brands. I'll keep you updated with what I get every month. Shout out to Erin for the present. You didn't dun goof.


Photobucket